Do you find that every BLE resource out there skips the basics and jumps right into details?
Learning a new technology is always a challenge, that also comes with a learning curve. Some technologies are easier to learn than others. Unfortunately, Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) is one of those hard ones. The lack of good resources including blogs, tutorials, and up-to-date books that help a beginner to learn BLE makes the task even more difficult.
Say you're assigned to a new project that involves the development of a connected IoT product. You have many options for connected technologies. You know that your product needs to send small amounts of data, consume very little power and connect to a smartphone. Then, you come across BLE and you find that it satisfies all of these requirements!
But then, you end up spending days and weeks trying to better understand it. You read through many blogs, tutorials, and books but you find that they all dive right into details and concepts, diverting you away from learning the core concepts of BLE (which should've come first). Additionally, this meant that you had to start over the next day, wasting even more of your precious time.
You can do better, and I will show you how
In my journey of learning Bluetooth Low Energy and developing dozens of BLE applications, I've gone through many obstacles and hoops. But now, I've taken a step back, way back to the early days of when I first started learning about this technology. I put myself in a beginner's shoes and I asked myself one simple question:
What are the most important basics and core concepts in BLE that I wish I had learned from the very beginning - the information that would've gotten me past the "break-in" period in the shortest time possible?
The answer to this question lies in the collection of content and information that I've put together, in the following book.
Intro to Bluetooth Low Energy
Learn everything you need to get started with Bluetooth Low Energy in a single weekend
This 100-page e-book was designed to be the best possible introduction and most up-to-date guide for learning Bluetooth Low Energy technology.
Here's a tiny list of the benefits this book will provide:
- Understand what Bluetooth Low Energy is and how it compares to Bluetooth Classic
- Become better informed about the use cases where BLE makes the most sense
- Learn all about Bluetooth 5 and the new features it brought us
- Understand how BLE devices exchange and transfer data between each other
- Learn about the newly released Bluetooth mesh standard
Looking for a Kindle or paperback version?
Who am I? Why did I write this book?
Hi! My name is Mohammad Afaneh, and I've been an embedded developer for over 10 years. Since 2014, I've focused solely on learning and developing Bluetooth Low Energy applications.
I've been in your shoes before.
You see, when I first started learning BLE, I spent hours, days, and weeks reading through every resource I could get my hands on!
However, every resource I came across was either:
- Too detailed, leaving me overwhelmed with all the jargon and nitty-gritty details that I didn't really care about as a beginner.
- Or, it was too short, leaving me with many unanswered questions.
That's not to mention, that the last read-worthy book written on Bluetooth Low Energy was published or updated in 2015. That's 3 years ago - an eternity for a rapid-changing wireless technology standard such as BLE!
I've even spent days and weeks going through the official 2,800+ page Bluetooth Specification document trying to find answers to the many questions I had.
With this book in your hands, I'll be saving you from going down this painful path of learning BLE. Instead, you'll spend a few hours reading through this guide that will teach you the core concepts of BLE and Bluetooth 5 - only what you need to get started with this exciting wireless technology in the field of Internet of Things (IoT).
The e-book covers:
- The basics of Bluetooth Low Energy & Bluetooth 5.0
- The difference between BLE and Bluetooth Classic (the one used for streaming audio and connecting headsets)
- The benefits and limitations of using BLE and which use cases make the most sense for BLE
- The difference between a BLE Central and a BLE Peripheral
- All about GATT (Generic Attribute Profile) and GAP (Generic Access Profile)
- How Bluetooth 5 achieves double the speed, four times the range, and eight times the advertising capacity
- How BLE devices advertise and discover each other
- How two BLE devices connect to each other
- How BLE devices exchange and transfer data between each other
- Profiles, Services, and Characteristics
- How secure BLE is, and how BLE devices secure the communication channel between them
- The different connection and advertising parameters and what each of them means
- An introduction to Bluetooth mesh
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this book for?
No Programming Experience Required!
This book is for anyone looking to learn Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE): whether you're an embedded developer or mobile developer working on a companion BLE iOS app, or even a marketer or sales professional working for an IoT company.
Who is it NOT for?
It is not for someone who is well experienced in Bluetooth Low Energy or looking for a practical guide for the embedded or mobile development of BLE applications.
If you're an embedded developer looking for a very practical guide that can help you get off the ground running with developing BLE application, then check out my previously comprehensive e-book: Bluetooth 5 & Bluetooth Low Energy: A Developer's Guide.
About the Author
Hi! I'm Mohammad Afaneh, developer, founder of Novel Bits, and trainer in Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) development. I teach everything I know about Bluetooth Low Energy development on my blog, through video tutorials, and my e-books.
Have a question that I missed? I'd love to hear from you! Contact me HERE.
Copyright © 2021 Novel Bits, LLC | All Rights Reserved